Tuesday, November 2, 2010






Last week, my boyfriend and I went to go see one of his long-time friends perform in the Georgia Perimeter College theater program's rendition of Voltaire's Candide.  I was so impressed - not only with the students' performances but with the program's elaborate costume pieces - and best of all, I was able to use my old UGA student I.D. for a $5 admission!  I would recommend the show in a heartbeat to anyone who's not only looking for an interesting date-night, but a budget-friendly night out at the theater.

Because of a sudden temperature drop in Atlanta that night, I wrapped up in a cozy, vintage cable-knit sweater that I was lucky enough to find while treasure hunting last week.  I paired it with a pair of skinny cords (not pictured, but I'm currently involved with a love affair with these pants so I'm sure they'll be featured on the blog very soon).  Had to show the Charter Blub clutch that I rescued from Goodwill and a ring that I bought from my local beauty supply store.

Deep in my heart I feel this ring and this clutch were meant to be and I can't tell you how proud I am to be the one who reunited the two! ;-)

P.s. If you'd like to enjoy Candide like I did, click "More" for the info!


Theater Arts Guild Musical Production: Candide (Clarkston Event)
Music by Leonard Bernstein.  Adapted from the book by Voltaire.  Sally Robinson, directs.

Location: Clarkston campus, Cole Auditorium, Fine Arts Building

Date & Time: Friday & Saturday, November 5-6, at 8 p.m.  Sunday, November 7, at 3 p.m.

Contact: For Tickets call (678) 891-3572

P.s.s.  For those who wondered, my post title comes from Candide's most famous line - "All is for the best, in the best of all possible worlds."

No comments:

Post a Comment